I’m Lee Gregg and the purpose for my blog is to share any gardening (organic mostly but conventional sometimes too) and nutrition tips as well as share any recipes I may have created or others I have found over the Internet. I hope to make this blog a freely open discussion for my readers.
I am a mom of two wonderful kids in the Midwest (Zone 6). A few years ago I decided to leave the successful marketing career I had for 19 years and get back to my first love, horticulture. I have since gone back to school for a degree in horticulture and now currently work in the horticulture field. The reason I started this blog is to share what I have learned in school as well as working in the industry. It gives me the opportunity to improve my writing skills and read the feedback I get from you to help improve my garden.
Here are a few more random things about me:
- I work in the horticulture research field, getting filthy everyday and love it!
- I am a mom, sister, aunt, daughter and wife.
- I have tried Brussels spouts multiple times and I still don’t like them. However, I can grow them successfully.
- I love to bake…. and eat it too
- I use to paint murals for a living
- I have an ongoing battle with squash bugs every year. Some years I win, others, they win
- I have a Bachelors of Science in Business.
- I love to take long bike rides when I have time
- My kids are squishy and so lovable. I’m the luckiest mom on earth!
- I apologize to all the teachers who taught my children over the years.
- I am Christian and proud of it.
- I hope one day I can figure out who to share my love of horticulture and serve Christ which holding down my job and take care of my family. Its a work in progress
- I have 23 acres 20 minutes away from where we live. I hope to get there within the next 15 years to retire.
- Once I can figure out how to permanently get rid of my gray hair, I’ll post a picture.